The Director of Curriculum Redesign is a Principal Faculty in the Touro University California College of Education and Health Sciences Joint Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies/Master of Public Health Program. Primary responsibilities include curriculum redesign and development, teaching, and assisting course directors.
1) In conjunction with the Program Director and MSPAS/MPH Faculty, participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum that conforms with the Program’s mission, goals, and objectives.
2) Assist with strategic plan.
a.) Participate in the development and achievement of the philosophy, goals, and competency-based instructional objectives of the Program.
b.) Assist with the development of short- and long-range strategic plans.
3) Assist in the creation, development and implementation of terminal goals and learning objectives for each course of study, to include the didactic and clinical phases.
4) Assist program leadership in curriculum redesign, implementation, and evaluation.
a.) Create a new curriculum map
b.) Create new syllabi for courses
c.) Update course learning objectives and outcomes
d.) Assist in creation of remedial instruction
e.) Evaluate exam question bank, write new exam questions, and re-organize to match modular curriculum
f.) Create case-based or team-based learning activities to support pre-recorded or self-study material for other faculty to proctor.
g.) Upload supporting documents to Canvas (learning management system) for students.
5) Actively participates in the admissions processes:
a.) selecting applicants for admission in virtual admissions process to the PA program.
b.) identification and recruitment of qualified applicants and their enrollment as students in the Program in collaboration with the Admissions Office and Program faculty.
6) Assist course directors remotely in:
a.) remediation of students as needed for students with sub-standard performance.
b.) grading of assignments and creation of pre-recorded materials as needed.
7) Participate in faculty development activities and faculty development retreats and seminars.
8) Participate in ongoing Self Study activities and prepare ARC-PA paperwork for curriculum change.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if applicable): should reflect who the employee is supervising and what the expectations are.
CORE COMPETENCIES: identify the behavior an employee is expected to demonstrate.