Please note: The following tasks are an outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Other duties to be assigned as necessary and may change to meet departmental needs.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: is not intended to cover every work assignment a position may have. Rather, they cover the broad responsibilities of the position.
The successful applicant will primarily be responsible for developing and teaching the core Health Policy and Management course for all MPH students in the Public Health Program. An additional responsibility will include one (concentration/breadth/elective course) each year in the Health Equity and Criminal Justice Concentration.
In addition, the successful applicant will be expected to:
· Be involved in extramurally funded, community-based multidisciplinary research
· Provide academic advising to students
· Participate on TUC and Public Health Program specific committees
· Participate in community partnerships and collaborations
· Participate the development and maintenance of practice sites
· Provide service/outreach to the public health community
· Maintain currency in the area of training where teaching and research occur
Candidates must adhere to policies and procedures of Touro University—California; and perform all responsibilities within the values and professional framework of the mission and vision of the Public Health Program.
QUALIFICATION(S): is the Education, Training and/or related experience needed by the person to perform the job.
· We seek a colleague whose teaching and research interests include understanding the impact of criminal justice and the US legal landscape impacts individuals, families and communities through a public health lens. We are especially interested in qualified candidates with a demonstrated commitment -- through their research, teaching, and service -- to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
· A doctoral degree in Public Health or a related field from an accredited school with at least 2-3 years of teaching experience.
· A demonstrated potential for securing external funding and producing peer-reviewed publications.
Email: CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org