POSITION DESCRIPTION: is not intended to cover every work assignment a position may have. Rather, they cover the broad responsibilities of the position.
We are seeking a motivated post-doctoral fellow to join the Mass Spectrometry Laboratory at Touro University California, under the direction of Dr. Jean-Marc Schwarz. Our research is focused on determining the effects of dietary sugars on metabolic pathways underlying diabetes and cardiovascular disease risk. The candidate will join a team of mass spectrometrists responsible for processing and analyzing clinical samples using stable isotope/mass spectrometry techniques. The position will also involve developing novel analytical methods to apply to the research and include opportunities to prepare research presentations and manuscripts for publication. The candidate should have a strong background in chemistry and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry and have a general interest in metabolism.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: are those work assignments which are predominant, regular and recurring.
The post-doctoral fellow will be responsible for:
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if applicable): should reflect who the employee is supervising and what the expectations are.
• Position will not include direct supervision of others.
QUALIFICATION(S): is the Education, Training and/or related experience needed by the person to perform the job.
• A PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field;
• Strong background in mass spectrometry and bench laboratory techniques;
• Ability to work both independently with general guidance and as part of a team;
• Strong time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills;
• Good written and oral communication skills;
• General computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft office;
CORE COMPETENCIES: identify the behavior an employee is expected to demonstrate.