The Public Health Program’s adjunct faculty pool seeks individuals with at least 2-3 years of teaching experience and who hold a doctoral degree with primary training in public health or a related field in social and behavioral sciences, demography, economics, law, health promotion and education.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
The successful applicant will primarily be responsible for:
• Develop and manage syllabus assignments, instructional materials, and exams relative to learning objectives of the course
• Facilitate class instruction
• Evaluate student performance through grade entries for assignments, exams, and course completion
In addition, the successful applicant will be expected to:
• Be involved in community-based participatory programs or research
• Provide academic advising to students
• Maintain currency in the area of training where teaching and research occur
Candidates must adhere to policies and procedures of Touro University California; and perform all responsibilities within the values and professional framework of the mission and vision of the Public Health Program.
Required: A masters or doctoral degree in Public Health or a related field from an accredited school
• Required: At least 2-3 years of teaching experience
• Required: Ability to work effectively as part of a teaching team
• Preferred: Practice or research experience with issues of criminal justice and health equity
• Preferred: Demonstrated ability to use technology in teaching.
Compensation is determined by the asssigned workload,experience, and rank. Ranges from $6500-$7500 for a 45 hour /3 unit credit course